Information City Ballet Collects About You
When you use City Ballet’s website services (such as the on-line ticket ordering service), we collect information about you so we may provide the requested service. We collect the following types of information:
- Your name
- Your contact information, including your postal mailing address, your telephone number and your electronic mail address
- Your payment information (when purchasing tickets for a performance or event)
- Your personal preferences
City Ballet collects this information when you complete an on-line form. City Ballet collects only personal information provided by you. City Ballet does not use any other on-line methods to collect personal information.
City Ballet uses this information to:
- Deliver the requested service to you, such as processing an on-line ticket order
- Request your support for City Ballet’s performance and dance education programs
- Inform you of upcoming City Ballet performances and events using postal mail and electronic mail messages
City Ballet sends electronic mail messages on upcoming performances and events to people who add their electronic mail address to City Ballet’s mailing list. To remove your electronic mail address from City Ballet’s mailing list, send an electronic mail message to City Ballet’s mail list administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
Information City Ballet’s Web Server Collects About You
When you visit City Ballet’s website, City Ballet’s web server collects publicly-available technical information from your web browser. This information, which includes the web browser application name (such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Internet Explorer) and version number, is not associated with your personal information.
City Ballet aggregates this technical information to determine how frequently specific web pages are viewed. City Ballet also analyzes this technical information to detect incompatibilities with City Ballet’s website and specific web browser applications.
Cookie is an internet web browser term used to describe a small text file placed on your computer’s disk drive. Cookies provide each website user with a unique, random identification number so we may accurately and efficiently provide services to each website user.
Viewing the Information City Ballet Maintains About You
You may view the information City Ballet collects and maintains about you. To view your information, mail the following to City Ballet:
- Signed request for the information City Ballet maintains about you
- Your name
- Your contact information, including your postal mailing address and your daytime telephone number
Send your request to: PO Box 99072 · San Diego, CA · 92169-1072. The information you provide must match the name and contact information in City Ballet’s records. As an additional security measure, City Ballet will contact you by telephone to validate your request. City Ballet will then mail you a copy of the information City Ballet maintains about you.
Updating City Ballet’s Information About You
You may update your personal information (your name, contact information, electronic mail address and personal preferences) in one of three ways:
- Web Site: You may update your personal information by completing the on-line form.
- Electronic Mail Message: You may request specific changes to your personal information by sending an electronic mail message to the mail list administrator, email@example.com.
- Postal Mail: You may request changes to your personal information by addressing a letter to: PO Box 99072 · San Diego, CA · 92169-1072.
Before updating your personal information, City Ballet will contact you by telephone to validate the requested changes.
Information City Ballet May Share About You
City Ballet will not rent or sell your personal information.
City Ballet provides physical and electronic security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse or alteration. When collecting payment information such as a credit card number, City Ballet uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 128-bit encryption technology to protect your information.
City Ballet will only share information about you with other companies or organizations for one of two reasons:
- Complete Financial Transaction: To maintain credit card security and to prevent credit card fraud, City Ballet’s financial institution may require information about you to authorize a charge to your credit card account. This information includes your name and your billing (mailing) address.
- Information For Like-Arts Organizations: Upon occasion, City Ballet authorizes postal mail to be delivered to you from other reputable like-arts organizations. Your name and mailing address is shared for one-time postal mail delivery only. Your information does not become part of another organization’s permanent records. City Ballet will not share your electronic mail address, telephone number(s), payment information or personal preferences.
- Electronic Mail: Send an e-mail message to City Ballet’s Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: Contact the City Ballet office at 858.274.6058. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 11:00am to 7:00pm Pacific time.
- Facsimile: Send a fax to 858.272.8375.
- Postal Mail: Send a letter to: PO Box 99072 · San Diego, CA · 92169-1072